Soft Tissue I: Abdominal Surgery
Gain more confidence, create new enthusiasm and enhance your surgical skills and capabilities to provide a better service and experience to your patients and clients.
Our Abdominal Surgery workshops is designed to be a hands on practical workshop to enhance your skills in various aspects of abdominal surgery. This workshop is ideal for Veterinarians wanting to spend time practicing surgical techniques on cadavers, with close supervision by our experienced tutors.
- Preparing a patient for exploratory laparotomy, drug choices – analgesia, antibiotics
- Avoiding peek and shriek (surgical method for abdominal surgery)
- Tips for GastroIntestinal surgery - identifying issues, suture type/pattern choice, use of suction and cautery
- Various organ biopsy methods: liver, pancreas, lymph node, intestinal
- Simple enterotomy, simple intestinal anastomosis end-to-end anastomosis with intestine of disparate size, intussusception, gastropexy (prophylactic), gastrotomy, serosal patching
- Splenectomy, liver lobectomy (simple), cystostomy
- Communicating expectations and costs to clients associated with abdominal surgical procedures